This is what was sent out on friday and at 11 am today, the Tallica boys announced that they are going to be hosting their own Orion Music+More festival in Atlantic City, NJ. The band will headline both nights and there are 22 bands slated to appear. The lineup so far is as follows.
Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, Modest Mouse, The Gaslight Anthem, Cage the Elephant, Fucked Up, Best Coast, Hot Snakes, Titus Andronicus, Gary Clark Jr., Lucero, Roky Erickson, The Black Angels, The Sword, A Place to Bury Strangers, Liturgy.
Honestly, as weird as the lineup is (and trust me, it’s weird), I think it’s great. I only know a few of these bands and there’s another few that I don’t like, but what I like about this lineup is that it takes a crap ton of different bands from different genres and brings them together. Also cool, Metallica is going to play The Black Album in it’s entirety on one of the nights (other reports show that they’ll play Ride the Lightening in it’s entirety the other night).
For $125 for 2 days, it seems kind of worth it for the Metallica sets alone. You get to hear 2 great albums in their entirety. Plus, there are some good bands already on the lineup with 6 more bands to be announced (which could make the lineup even better).
No comments:
Post a Comment