So, it would appear that I’ve been neglecting this blog a little bit (by which I mean a great deal), so I thought I’d try to come back to it with some pretty big news. Jesse Leach appears to be re-joining Killswitch Engage as their new vocalist.Howard Jones, Jesse’s replacement in 2002 (after Leach quit the band via email no less), departed from the group Wed. January 4th. The news was announced on the band’s Facebook page.
After about a month of speculation over who would take up the reigns for Killswitch (Phil Labonte of All That Remains was a big choice, but he immediately denied that thought), the band’s website made the announcement that Leach would be rejoining the band in a very unofficial way, but one that speaks volumes more than a press release.

There’s the band, super happy, in the snow, with Leach and his magnificent beard heading up the center. Now, I’m not what you would call a legitimate member of the metal press, so I don’t get press releases. I also don’t spend all my time combing every bands page, so I learned this lovely bit of info from Metalsucks. I’m personally really excited that Jesse is coming back to Killswitch, especially after reading just a week ago that he had no idea what the band was doing. Even though I was first introduced to Killswitch after Howard joined the band, Alive or Just Breathing is one of my favorite records. The Times of Grace record The Hymn of a Broken Man is also phenomenal. With the band about to work on a new record, I’m even more excited to see how the band sounds with Jesse back at the mic.
-IH
No comments:
Post a Comment